Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Have You Ever....

  Have you ever looked at someone and their life and thought:  WTF is wrong with you?  Why are you making so many bad choices?  Why are you putting yourself though so much for nothing?  How could you be doing the things you're doing wearing the clothes you're wearing, hanging out with the people you're hanging out with?  Or how about this, has someone ever come to you with a problem they're having and you're response is:  I'd never do something like that, I'd never put myself in that situation, I'd never make that choice and you shouldn't do that either....

  At the end of the day, if you really think about it, can you actually say those things?  Can you actually look back at your life and say you've never put yourself in undesirable situations, made stupid choices hung out with the wrong people, let yourself be influenced in the wrong direction, worn questionable clothing, etc. Etc....?  I think about the countless times people have come to me asking for advice and I give them impeccable words of wisdom, but I realize that I am a serious case of not practicing what I preach.  How irritating it is be able to see things so clearly in regards to other people, yet be so blind when it comes to myself... well blind and stubborn I suppose..

No comments:

Post a Comment