Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Appreciated

I was scrolling through facebook (as usual) and there was some article about a wedding server or something and in the comments people were talking about being nice to servers and it reminded me of a couple of stories from my serving days of past. There's always a debate about tipping servers and I truly don't understand why. Everybody knows servers don't make a decent hourly wage, because they get tipped, so what's the problem? You go out to eat instead of cooking, so compensate accordingly!

Even if you don't feel that you should tip, it should be a no brainer that you should be nice to your server!? Being nice to people always goes a long way, it goes web even longer way when you're nice to someone who's running around like crazy trying to desperately please about 20 people at once. Customers, hostesses, managers, bus boys, cooks, bartenders... I can remember working in a restaurant in Kennesaw, GA and one week there was a religious convention. The lovely table I got on the first night ended up coming back just about every night of the convention and requesting me each time. They weren't the best tippers, but they probably didn't know how to tip or didn't have the money or whatever, but they were THE SWEETEST! People and always had the kindest words, well on the last day they gave me a Bible and wrote a beautiful sentiment. This was about 10 years ago and I still remember them and have the Bible.

Kindness goes a long way and can stay in hearts forever!

PS.
    They spelled my name wrong, but it doesn't matter because they're hearts were in the right place!

No comments:

Post a Comment