Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Day in the life of a sufferer...

       Wake up- another beautiful day... Oh wait not that beautiful. ..I have a migraine.  Sit up take 2 of 4 of my daily preventive pills and throw in a few advil to take the edge off of this jackhammer going off in my brain.  Into my child's room to wake them up for school, because I wake up much earlier than necessary to give them more time to stall getting ready. Take a shower, it's quite the task when you can't lean over because you know that will take this migraine from a 7 to a 20, but careful to also not turn too quickly or that way or this way for too long either. Survived the shower, now onto making sure the little one is getting ready. Oh good, she wants to fight about the time because she's tired. .. Ok no need to overreact because your head is exploding, try to be comforting so the situation doesn't get out of hand, I'm sure she won't notice you talking with your teeth bared.
      Getting on the road-Ok we're in the car, only 5 minutes behind, not bad, could be worse. Great, the school bus obviously doesn't see my huge SUV speeding down the road and that's why they chose to jump in front of me, cutting me off, and going 20 miles an hour. .. the same speed as the person next to them! Ok well at least I made it to the daycare to drop off my mini me, think it's time to pop some of the hard stuff. ...better make it two, hopefully that'll stop the tiny fairy from stabbing my skull. Oh yay traffic and more being cut off, well at least now I can add people nearly hitting me and going insanely slow and randomly braking because they're obviously texting. .. but who could they be texting at 730 in the morning I wonder?
     Starting the work day- Well I made it to work, 2 victories down. (The first one was dropping off my child, in case you forgot)  Thanks to traffic I still have 3 minutes to get inside. Thanks traffic! Ahhhh the lovely sounds of loud children, dogs barking, and insanely opinionated television sets in the background of all my calls, that medicine can kick in at anytime.... Oh this wasn't done right and this is the first time I've seen it and talked to you about it? Well, by all means, please feel free to scream and berate me for the issue. Well the medicine kicked in, but not enough to ease the pulsating drum behind me eyes, so I'm going to have to call it a day and go home.
    Back home- Another day not fully worked, how am I ever going to catch up with my bills? Staring at this computer screen trying to finish my homework feels like staring straight into a light bulb. Wow look at the time, and all I've accomplished is one sentence. I'll try again after I pick up my daughter.
      Bed time-I'm so excited to go to sleep, helping a 1st grader with homework should not be so difficult. Good thing she enjoys hot dogs so much, I'll try to cook tomorrow.  Guess I'll have to try to do my homework tomorrow as well.  I want to watch tv with my husband but it seems so loud and bright! Oh the volume is on 5? Well I'll just close my eyes and slowly turn over because this position is killing me and if I turn over too fast I'm likely to throw up because my head says so. But, before I close my eyes I'm just gonna take my other preventative meds and pop a couple more advil to try and quell the freightliner doing donuts in my brain.
       Good night.

  Luckily everyday is not like this, but unfortunately many are and some are even worse. Suffering from excessive migraines is extremely tough because it's very hard to find out why.  Everybody has triggers, but not everybody is blessed enough to know what those triggers are.

No comments:

Post a Comment