Friday, November 9, 2012

Just stop it....

Soooooo on my way to work today, a song came on the radio.  It was an older song about a guy seeing a chick he used to know, stripping.  When he approached her and they started talking, she asked him what would he do if his child was all alone crying all alone cuz he's hungry, and that his dad was gone doing drugs and in and out of jail..... oh and she had to sleep with men to feed her child.  
   WTF! Here's the thing, lol, I feel that we are advocating unwed pregnancies.  I know at least one person is going to be upset about what I just said, so let me explain.  Don't think that I'm up on a soapbox preaching to those that did not get married and then have children, as if to suggest that I was so inclined to take those steps myself or that people don't get divorced, farthest things from the truth.  I just feel that, to me, there seems to be a celebration about being a "baby mama" and I don't get it.  Being a single mother because you had sex at a young age with a man you don't even like or vice versa is NOT cute.  I do not understand how we see the struggles of someone else and don't take the necessary precautions to avoid that.  Yes I said we.
   It's all well and good to get yourself into a situation and be able to come out of it stronger and be thriving for bigger and better.  But, we should not be excusing this behavior.  The dig yourself out attitude needs to actually be- make sure you avoid the situation completely because it's not hard to avoid.  We have got to be more responsible, men and women.  Women need to be more invested in themselves and only strive to make themselves better all the time, never settling for less in anything, including men.  Men need to adopt the same ideals. I will stop here, for now, I've been told I'm long winded.  ;) Don't be surprised if I touch on this again though, lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment