Monday, November 5, 2012

Stereotypes....

Isn't life funny.. how we all know that to be so true.  One of the funniest jokes in life is personal outlook and how much it can differ from person to person.  Personally I believe that everyone's first instinct is to judge and there's nothing wrong with that, it's how you let that initial judgement influence your feelings afterwards that's important.  At first glance I might see a man in tight jeans, cowboy hat, with a rebel flag shirt and immediately assume he's racist. I often wonder what people's assumption is of me at first, especially since I am a walking contradiction.  Stereotypes are not always a good thing, but then again they're not always a bad thing.  The stereotype you brand someone with, may be the foot in your mouth at the end of the day.  The most annoying thing I have come to hear in my lifetime is: "you're just black, you're not a nigger."  And that is from all races.  Due to this election I have been branded a Liberal and a Democrat, when a few months ago I was just Kyla, Kyla with the exact same feelings and opinions that I have now.  Hopefully after the election I'll go back to: Kyla, just black, not a nigger......



No comments:

Post a Comment