Monday, November 12, 2012

ummm...CRAZY-AZY!

Man!  Getting all the information to start this Non-Profit Organization is exhausting!! But if you know me, then you know I enjoy a challenge and being busy, multi-tasking is kinda my thing ;)  Soooo while I've been researching for all this, I am finally finishing Cape Fear (the remake), and I know, I know, I should have finished this movie a long time ago.... but hey I forgot!  While watching this movie, I was once again reminded of the extreme cultural difference between white people and black people.  Watching Juliette Lewis in this movie just do whatever she wants and say whatever she wants to her parents just blows my mind!  The same thing when catching up on Homeland earlier today.  For the life of me, I will never understand why white parents allow their children to speak and treat them in whatever fashion they see fit.  I watch these scenarios and on one hand I think, no way, this is so unbelievable, there is just no possible way that any parent would allow their child to act in such a way, but then I think back to when I was younger, visited the homes of my many white friends and I how I was so fortunate to awkwardly witness these situations.  This is not to say that ALL white parents allow such disobedience and disrespect or that ALL black parents do not allow such disobedience and disrespect, this is to say that from what I have witnessed and heard, it proves the theory that white parents are much more inclined to allow their children to disrespect them than black parents are.... Why is that?




1 comment: